Thursday, December 07, 2006

Connections











Via one of my favorite design blogs (Diana Fayt @ One Black Bird - one of Katie’s shops, Doe, is right around the corner from Diana’s.) I learned early on about Jim and Katie Kim and their two daughters, ages 4 and 7 months, being missing. Diane had posted a request for information, energy and prayers in regards to the Kim family.

The Kims were in Oregon, driving back to San Fran after a vacation, and through a series of wrong turns ended up snowbound on a closed road high in the mountains. After spending a week stranded in their car Jim decided to walk out in search of help. Kim and the girls were found by a helicopter and rescued 2 days after Jim left. Jim’s body was found two days after that about a mile from their car, although search & rescue workers believe he’d actually walked about 8 miles.

Even though I did not know the Kims, the plight struck a deep emotional chord within me and I was surprised at the level of grief I felt upon learning that Jim had been found dead. I read the headline expecting/hoping/anticipating it to say he’d been found alive and the family had been reunited - what a glorious holiday miracle. I had to read the words several times before I accepted the real fact of the tragedy.

Our lives can change on a dime. Tomorrow we could be anywhere. My GrandMa Mary Mae always said that time is our most precious commodity (although I’d argue that it ranks right up there with our health) and that we should be careful how we spend it. How are you spending yours?

Be with those you love, today - now, always. Not just on special ocassions or at the holidays. Love really is the reason we are here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to give one thing back and aid others such as you helped me.
Also see my web page > Order Rejuvenex

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home