Friday, April 08, 2005

That's not really his name, but he doesn't have one yet - my new nephew that is! Born just this evening. My brother Scott and sister-in-law Laurieanne haven't come to an agreement on a name, it's been an ongoing challenge for the past eight months. I don't remember it being this hard with their first two kids, Reece (5) and Jordan (3). When Scott was born (he and I are 10 years apart, youngest and oldest, with two brothers in between) I made him a welcome home card and spelled his name 'Scoot' - luckily, it didn't stick! During a phone conversation several months ago, my mother said Scott's current favorite name for the impending arrival is Culpepper. Quite the combo with the last name Campbell I thought! While in Virginia shortly thereafter with my son we rambled through a small town named Culpepper, took a photo of the sign and sent it to my brother. Cell phone rings, it's Scott - mildly frustrated. "Not Culpepper - Cole Pepper!" he says. I've got a feeling that neither one of those will stick either!! Stayed tune! Update - Reece and Jordan visited their mom this afternoon at the hospital while she was in labor. Reece heard a monitor making noises like a train, and saw the machine's locomotive icon on its screen and said "We'll call him 'Choo-choo' for today!" Uh-oh! This one sounds stickable!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home